Paul Bradshaw from Birmingham City University says:
Data can be the source of data journalism, or it can be the tool with which the story is told — or it can be both.
The Bureau of Investigative Journalism says:
Data journalism is simply journalism.
The former is a new and trendy term but ultimately, it is just a way of describing journalism in the modern world.
- Where and how to get data in New Zealand
- How to use data for and in stories
- Confidence to source and use data in a story
- Data is not scary
- Data is (just) another source
- Just like other sources data must be treated fairly and in context
One number in isolation is almost certainly misleading
Not sure exactly what to call it - but I think it is important.