- Always be suspicious of summary statistics
- What is the underlying distribution?
- Has the structure of the data changed?
- What is being compared?
- Don't be afraid to google or ask "What is a median?"
- I'm going mad
- On a release day data is removed...
- Economic Indicatiors -> Consumers Price Index (CPI)
- Take a look on the Reserve bank site
- Seasonally adjusted or not? (Compare to Reserve Bank)
PriceNow = PriceThen * IndexNow / IndexThen
Is Auckland or Christchurch worse for crimes involving firearms?
Where and when do the most assaults occur?
Is burglary increasing?
Compare "Taking things crime" in Upper and Lower Hutt.